Thursday, January 15, 2009

How to prepare for -30 degree weather

Replace the cell phone that you replaced a week before but then lost so that if your car doesn't start you don't freeze to death while trying to get help.

Check.

Fill up your gas tank.

Check.

Buy a lifetime supply of hot cider packets that will probably only last you a week.

Check.

Put on your winter weight with junk food of your choice (I prefer a combo of Hint of Lime Tostitos and Golden Oreos).

Check.

Go to the gym at least once in a brave attempt to ward off Seasonal Affective Disorder.

Check.

Exercise your dog really well the weekend before in the hopes that it will last him all week long (it won't, but you won't feel so guilty knowing you tried).

Check.

Don't.
Even.
Look.
at last month's heating bill. It's all Monopoly (read: loan) money anyway, maybe the tooth fairy will pay it.

I couldn't help myself. No check.

Make sure that the wonderful woman you visit teach who is homebound has enough provisions for the week and knows that you would visit her, but you can only survive one trip outside of your house a day.

Check.

Warn your dad that any mention of the 80 degree weather in your hometown may lead to a psychotic break, and it won't be pretty. It will be chubby. With very white and hairy legs.

Check.

Cry.

Check.

5 comments:

svmama3 said...

Only 1.5 more years in the miserable weather...right! I feel REALLY bad for you!

John and Karisa said...

Oh man. If only this were a joke. I can't even bring myself to laugh about it.

By the way, I plagiarized one of your jokes for my blog. (About it being so cold that your snot is frozen.) I can pay you royalties if you want...

Jenny said...

do you really still have 1.5 years left in wisconsin? i will think warm thoughts for you :)

Mike said...

Nice pic on the cliffs! Is that intentional that you guys are looking different directions? Tim is like pondering the meaning of life while Sara is posing like she knows something that we don't. Deep pics guys! Em and I will try that one next! ;)

Alison said...

HAHAHAHA