Saturday, May 16, 2009

I'm gonna shoot me a Chickadee


There are many things I love about Wisconsin summers: the long hours of daylight, the beautiful weather, how green everything is...

And then there are the things that I don't love about Wisconsin summers, like the rise in shootings or the increase in people that like to run out into the street in front of your car out of nowhere.

But I hate, and I mean hate, the Chickadee.

Around April or May of every summer I've been here, this obnoxious little bird likes to get going around 4 in the morning, right outside my window.

It makes me want a gun. I lie there, angry and awake, until my alarm goes off at 6:30, thinking about all the different ways I would like to kill me a Chickadee. Namely the ones that park on the tree outside my bedroom window.

Giselle
loves to kill birds so I'm hoping she will decimate the local Chickadee population this summer so I can get some sleep.

5 comments:

Kaleb and Abby Widmier said...

I feel your pain, Sarah! The whole "birds chirping, bees singing, springtime joy" thing just makes me want to scream at 6:00am!!! Last spring when our neighbors were doing construction at the break of dawn each morning I invested in some ear plugs. They work pretty well for the evil little Chickadee's too! Hope you get some sleep!!!

The Rauch Family said...

You're reminding me of the movie "Failure to Launch." They ended up resuscitating the bird.

But seriously, I understand. The birds in MA were SO LOUD on early Spring mornings.

John and Karisa said...

Yeah, enough is enough honestly. Just don't forward your blog onto PETA, and nobody will stand in your way.

David and Shalynna said...

Do you think the rise in shootings this time of year and the yearly advent of the the Chickadee are related? To me it sounds like they are.

If I were you I definitely wouldn't buy a gun, and I would find some help before you hurt someone.

I can't believe you are pregnant. Sweet!

Tell Tim i said "hola." In fact send me an email with your # and I will give you a call.

davidcran@gmail.com

by the way this is David Crandall. Remember me?

Micah C said...

I almost linked to this post, but decided against it. I was comparing my neighbors to your chickadee and didn't think the implications would sound very nice. But I get so stinking irritated when my sleep is disturbed by anything other than my children.
I also thought of the movie Failure to Launch - so funny.