Like the time I was on the treadmill and several police cars started circling the gym parking lot and an officer came in and started questioning the lady at the front desk and looking at her computer. Was a bad guy getting his workout in?
Like the time when I got to Jenny's house to pick Lily up after the gym and there were police cars out front and we later discovered that one of her neighbors had spotted someone that the police were looking for hiding in a nearby backyard.
Like the time when I was making a right hand turn to Jenny's house, and it was a red light so I was checking traffic, and the car behind me was honking frantically and totally ran the red light after I turned. Then sirens followed and a police chase ensued.
See what I mean?
But on Wednesday there was the most exciting police activity of all. As I was getting Lily in her car seat after picking her up from Jenny (sweet Jenny, how I will miss you!), my phone kept ringing. I assumed it was my mom, because that's what we do: call each other multiple times if we don't pick up the first time. But it was Tim, calling me from home, warning me not to come back because a fugitive was loose in our back alley and there were about 15 police cars surrounding our house.
Oh don't worry, they caught him. Tim watched the whole capture and was a little concerned about how chubby and slow the Milwaukee police force was.
4 comments:
If only our little town could be as exciting! Unfortunately I'll have to settle for watching cars pass us by on the freeway...
Wow! I would have thought you were in Detroit. So far we have only had one fugitive run through our neighborhood.
Ah Milwaukee. So much excitement.
How do you sleep at night?!! Well, you do have Dirk..and Tim...but still! That is totally scary. Maybe you don't have a mind like mine that wanders and thinks of the worst possible things that could happen. I guess, on the bright side, you have some great stories!
Post a Comment