Sunday, September 5, 2010

Happy Early Halloween

On our way to Santa Fe we passed the Santa Fe Penitentiary, home of the worst prison riot in U.S. history. Don't go to that link unless you've got a strong stomach, and it isn't near bedtime. This place was shut down in 1998 and it was creeeepy. I couldn't resist getting some pictures as Tim had learned about this riot during his training at the prison. Lisa suggested it would make a nice spot for our 2010 Christmas pictures. Obviously.

I like to call this picture "Freedom vs. Not Freedom".





3 comments:

Reyna said...

Why did I go to that link? Why?!! I might have the heebies for a long time after that.

Katie said...

I think I should have listened to your warning, but curiosity got the best of me and now I am the only one awake in the house.... time to crawl in next to Andy for protection...

Karisa and John said...

Okay, I'm too chicken to click on the website, but my imagination tells me it had something to do with the prisoners eating the guards. Am I right???