Sunday, February 12, 2012

Self-Absorbed

I don't know about all of you, but it's very easy for me to get caught up in my own little world here at the Rauch homestead. Of course these little ones consume most of my waking hours.








Sometimes I look at pictures of my girls after they've gone to bed, or even just think about something cute they did that day, and I want to run in and scoop them up and love them just a little bit more. Then I remember how happy I am that they're asleep and I resist, but still...love being a mom. I continue to be in awe of what an incredible blessing and responsibility it is to be a parent.

At the beginning of January I took the girls to my mom's house in Northern California. My mom lives in McKinleyville, which is waaaaay up in Northern California, almost by Oregon, on the coast. I was pretty stressed about flying with the girls by myself but was saved by this and this . To be honest I have no idea how the pioneers made it across the plains without these items. Well, those and Dora the Explorer, which is how Lily was occupied for much of our travel time, along with copious snacks. Allow me to describe my method of travel. I had the single stroller, pushing Josie, then was wearing a backpack, then was pulling Lily in her car seat on wheels getup. The only hitch was when I was in the Albuquerque airport which has these stupid revolving doors that you have to go through, and Lily's car seat got stuck in them and Lily freaked out and I freaked out and bad words were said. Other than that things were fine.

We had a great time. We were there for 6 days and had us a little New Year miracle in that it didn't rain there once. It was so beautiful and so nice to be among trees and near the ocean again.














In other news, I will be waking up at 5:20 am for Crossfit tomorrow, so I'm signing off. Talk to ya more about that later...

2 comments:

Stef said...

I love those mommy moments. The ones when they are sleeping...not the ones in the airport. Just to clarify...

Karisa and John said...

Oh my gosh Sara, your hair is super red! It looks great!

Glad you survived the traveling. It's so much fun when you finally arrive somewhere, but the airport part can get nuts.