Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Anonymity at the gym

I know, posting twice in a day, it's wild! I was thinking some other deep thoughts today and just had to share them.

Such as, I LOVE not knowing anyone at the gym. If the lady who takes my gym card at 6 in the morning had a personal relationship with me, she would probably say, "Hey Sara, you kind of look like crap this morning. Maybe you need more sleep...or makeup...or a brush or something but um, I would be embarrassed if I looked like you right now, so quick, sneak out before anyone sees you." I can't tell you how happy it makes me to suffer through my 15 minutes on the treadmill (because, for some reason, I can fully run a half marathon but only make it for 15 minutes on the treadmill - IT'S ALL MENTAL), stretch, lift my very light weights, and then take a shower and endure the few awkward naked minutes in the locker room, without seeing one single person I know. So happy! Because then no one has to know that I am a total wuss at the gym! No one cared enough to notice that I only ran for 15 minutes! Except that I just revealed it. Crap.

No comments: