Since I am a Social Worker "Trainee" I get to share an office with whoever "they" (the Feds) want me to. It's cool, I don't really mind sharing an office.
My past officemate had all sorts of cutesy nicknames for me. Every day, several times a day, I was greeted with:
"Hi Pumpkin."
"Hey Baby."
"Hi Sugar, howyoudoin?"
"Oh hey, Sweetie."
No lie, that got old, but I think she was just trying to be nice. She was also an expert at giving really funny backhanded compliments. These don't actually offend me, because I'M A REALLY GOOD PERSON, and also I have to laugh as I wonder what brain filter is missing when people say these types of things. I thought this one would amuse you.
Today she came to visit me (she moved out last week), and said, "Oh, hi Pumpkin! You look pretty today!"
"Oh, thanks!"
"Like you're better rested or something."
"Mmmm..."
"Much better than last week, you weren't sleeping very well last week were you?"
(Doing the "I'm so busy I can barely even hear you" act) "Hmmm no I guess not..."
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i love your stories.
my favorite is when they think if they put themselves down, they can also put you down. ie: at work a lady says to me, "Jami you have a huge forehead just like me." oh...that takes the sting away.
Exactly! Jami, I don't think your forehead is big at all, by the way.
Post a Comment