Friday, September 18, 2009

My heart hurts

My brother, Chris, is officially being deployed today, on a ship to...he doesn't know where.


I don't like not knowing where my brother is.

I don't like my brother being in harm's way.

I like my brother nice and safe in San Diego with his sweet wife, Cindy.

I do not like being awake at 4:30 in the morning, crying.

Stupid Marines, and Afghanistan, and Iraq, and Somalian pirates.

How is my brother supposed to know when his first niece is born?

I am not mature or patriotic at 4:30 (now 4:46) in the morning. I will get there. But I'm not there now.


I love this guy. Even when he grows stupid mustaches (please see the first picture). When he gets back he will get to hold Lily and I will make his favorite enchilada casserole. Please pray for my brother. He is special to me.

3 comments:

T & E's Blog said...

Ughhh...not a good day for me to read this! I'm having an emotional day as well (and it's not 4:30)! He is most certainly in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Love you cousin....call me whenever you feel like you need someone to talk to...I have faith that my mama will watch over him...LOVE YOU...

Katie said...

I am so thankful for Heroes like your brother. Thanks for sharing :)