My baby will be one month old on Wednesday, can you believe it? It is still so unreal to me that this little girl is ours, and that she was in my tummy up until a month ago.
This weekend my step mom Lisa came into town, and we had a great time doing nothing but drool over Lily. I think when people compliment your baby you're probably supposed to say, "Thank you", instead of, "I know", but I can't help it. Now that she's not inside of me I don't feel like I can take a whole lot of credit for how precious she is. Therefore I don't feel the need to be modest. When we did get out this weekend and people would ask if she was my baby it still felt so surreal to say yes.
I can stare at her for hours. I love to watch her little face as she sleeps and hear the funny little noises she makes. She's sleeping in a pack 'n play in our room right now, and there's something about having my whole little family in one room that is so special to me.
Last week we had Lily's two week check up and she had not gained as much weight as the doctor would have liked, so we had to go back in today. I should have relaxed and known that Lily does things on her own timetable, kind of like coming one week late. The doctor said she likes to see babies gaining 5-7 ounces a week and Lily gained 10 ounces this past week, so for now we are in the clear. She's now 8 pounds 13 ounces of soft, yummy smelling baby-ness.
I love watching Tim with Lily. Today he came home from school and she was napping on our bed next to me. He looked at her and said, "She is so adorable." I nodded. "I'm going to love her forever." Yes, yes we are.
Monday, October 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Love it Sara! Isn't is absolutely amazing what becoming a mom does to you? What a blessing to get to raise these little ones huh? (even when they're two and absolutely terrible- still a blessing). I remember having these same kind of thoughts in my quiet moments alone with my first, sitting in our new home, in a new state, but having my own little family. AMAZING. Now there are 4 of us...crazy. Hope you keep relishing in the wonderful moments and write down all the powerful feelings you have now. It is always worth it- but it does have hard days ;)
Sigh....tears....of joy.....
the cutest thing i've read in a long time.
Post a Comment