Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Today I almost punched this lady

I had a choice to make today:

1) Kill my dog for waking the baby that I had just spent 3 hours rocking and nursing to sleep.

2) Take the screaming babe to the mall to buy a noise machine.

Killing my dog seemed like a lot of work so I went to the Brookstone at the mall to get a noise machine like the one we have in our room.

The lady at the cash register kept asking me, in a million different ways, if I wanted to buy the optional warranty. I kept telling her "No", in the same way, so as to be consistent, easy to understand, and VERY CLEAR.

And yet she kept asking. At one point I wanted to grab her by her wearable massage vest, pull her across the register, and give her a real close look at the bags underneath my eyes. I would then have pointed to the item I was buying: AN INFANT SLEEP MACHINE, and to my now peacefully sleeping 2 week old in her stroller. I think that would have helped her understand. Instead I practically shoved my debit card in her face with a very fake smile, AFTER she asked me if I wanted to buy the stupid digital clock by the register.

Please.

Don't.

Mess.

I will post more pictures later - the camera's in the baby's room, and the baby is sleeping, so there's no way I'm going in there.

5 comments:

Carlitabonita said...

Oh you poor mama! Hang in there!

Unknown said...

I think 3 months is the magic number - at least for me. The first few months are a blur with all the sleepless nights. Hang in there! There will be a day soon where you actually feel rested.

T & E's Blog said...

And to think I was on the other end of the phone while this was all taking place....

dana and justin said...

Oh my gosh my beagle is going wake up my baby for sure! Maybe I should get one of those noise machines now...

svmama3 said...

The noise machine is my favorite baby item! Pretty sure a dog wouldn't have lived very long had I had one. That would stress me out if a dog woke up my babes when they were napping as newborns...good job keeping your cool!