Today I went for a beautiful bike ride along the Rio Grande on my road bike, by myself. Normally I am too chicken to ride my bike by myself because I am terrified that I'll get hit by a car, and die. Which could totally happen. But we are discovering that Albuquerque has miles of gorgeous mixed use trails (running, biking, roller blading, strollers, you name it) where I can ride my bike in peace.
At least I rode my bike in peace this morning until a friendly fellow bike rider named Armando decided that he needed to be my tour guide to biking in the Southwest and tried to bike next to me and carry a conversation for a couple of miles. This meant that I had to go slow. Also at some point I find it awkward to ride and chat with 40-something-year-old men. So I had to turn around a little earlier than I wanted to so I could get back to my ride.
No comments:
Post a Comment