Thursday, June 16, 2011

Next Time I Will Pay Someone to Detail My Car

Yesterday I spent Lily's precious nap time vacuuming my car, cleaning the windows, and wiping it down with Armor All. Heaven help us if we bring home a new baby in a car with dog hair and gravel all over it. Things were going well. I was staying hydrated (keep in mind I was doing this in our open garage, and it was around 95 degrees). I was mostly occupied in a phone conversation so things were moving along. The tricky part was when I needed to clean the back hatchback window.

So we have a Ford Flex. It's a sweet ride. I was totally resigned to getting a minivan but Tim convinced me otherwise. We keep the last row of two seats folded down and that's where Dirk goes, so of course there's dog nose slobber all over the back windows.

I (ahem, gracefully) crawl in the back and press the automatic button that closes the hatchback so I can get the back window. Then when I'm done, I press the button. And the door does not open. And I can't reach the lever to push the other seat down to get me to the middle row. So the only option is climbing over the 2nd row seats (again, gracefully) and I'm a little unsure about the available clearance between the seats and the ceiling, what with my belly and all. Luckily (!) I made it out alive and I am pretty convinced that if that little acrobatic act didn't put me into labor, nothing will.

My friend Kristie's response: "I would have paid money to see that." Well so would I.

7 comments:

The Rauch Family said...

You paint a very funny picture!

Mary Thomas said...

Hahahaha! Why do you only find yourself in those Will Ferrell moments when you're hugely pregnant? Oh, right...because that's when you're doing some seriously intense nesting...

Jami said...

Yep...still one of my favorite people.

Stef said...

Haha. I might have just kicked the widow out, then it would be Brian's idea to get it detailed by someone else next time.
(Your husband is great, by the way! He was so good with Kyla. Now we won't be going anywhere else!)

Trent & Brooke said...

oh goodness! i was picturing myself (and my large belly) while you were telling the story and couldn't help but totally relate. i feel like everything i do right now is awkward, especially if i have to maneuver my body in any special way! haha. can't wait for your baby (and mine) to come!

T & E's Blog said...

That is absolutely hilarious!!! I would have been in a complete panic!

Alison said...

1. people detail their cars?

2. people detail their cars WHILE PREGNANT???? pay someone!

3. your family pictures are AMAZING, maybe you look EVEN HOTTER when pregnant?!

4. where is Tim's teeth blog/site I need to see it