This picture showcases my natural hair color, people (also my adorable niece Katie and hott sister-in-law, Ashleigh)! If you didn't know me in 8th grade, or before that, you have never seen my natural hair color. To be honest, I was slightly alarmed to discover that this, this, brown was my true color. Also I felt disappointed, cheated, old... I used to have golden blonde hair in 8th grade! Then my mom and I took on my hair coloring like some kind of out of control science project and I tried the spectrum from blue, to red, to hair that was so bleached it was white, to many shades of blonde and brown, and so on. Then in college I lived down the street from the Paul Mitchell hair school, and I continued with the experimentation, even going through a phase where I thought it was really cool to have all brown-purple hair except for two orangeish-yellowish streaks on each side of my head in the front. (Do you guys remember that? Why did no one stop me?)
When Tim first told his mom he had a girlfriend, she asked what I looked like. He had a hard time describing my hair color ("blonde, red, brown"). And it really was all those colors, because it was recovering from having it a hideous dark red brown, then getting hideous brassy highlights to attempt to lighten it, then finally paying the big bucks to have a pro gradually break up the disaster with varying shades of blonde and brown. Tim always talks about how much he liked my hair color and cut when we first met. I've told him it's impossible to recreate and we should just be glad we took pictures.
Now, for the first time since 8th grade, I have absolutely no dye in my hair. My dad commented, "It's really shiny. It looks healthy." He was shocked to discover it was my natural hair color, but the last time he had seen my hair it was bleached blonde and had the texture of straw, so he decided it was an improvement.
What do you guys think? Is it worth the saved cash?
5 comments:
"...all brown-purple hair except for two orangeish-yellowish streaks on each side of my head in the front"-- I can't even imagine. I hope you bring a picture of that to church on Sunday.
I agree. I think we need to see a pic of that hair color. I like the natural color! It is SOO hard to stop coloring hair once you start. The whole growing-out phase is just not pretty :)
First of all...I appreciate that you called me hott! I haven't gotten that in awhile and second of all...no matter what you are beautiful! I didn't get to see your hair when you and Tim first met, but I bet it was cute because you're always cute!! What are your next plans??
cute! it does look really shiny!
i think i might vaguely remember the brown/purple and streaks...i definitely remember the dreads-- how did that not get a mention in the post!!
i grew out my hair to my natural color for a few years but finally went back to just a bit of highlighting because my normal color is kind of a boring dirty blonde...anyways you look great no matter what!
Thanks you guys. :) No Karisa and Heidi, no one gets to see those pictures. Haha! And I never had dreads, they were braids, braids! :) My plan for now is to grow out the pixie cut, which essentially means I will have a mullet.
Post a Comment