Sunday, April 26, 2009

Tim's First Criterium Race - and Birthday!

Tim turned 28 yesterday on April 25th! To celebrate, he studied for finals and raced his first criterium in freezing rain and temperatures in the 40s! I got to be his intrepid photographer and I had a good time trying to figure out how to use our new DSLR that we got for Christmas. Unfortunately, I was doing this as it was raining and I was trying to keep the camera as dry as possible. Also, crouching and trying to take quick sports snapshots at 5 months pregnant on muddy grass presented some challenges. A lot of the pictures of Tim turned out blurry as a result, but I got some ok ones. Tim did really well and I tried to not be too embarassing as I shouted, "Go Tim!" every time he went around.

Some pre-race focusing.


Go!


You won't find Tim in this pic (unless you look really closely) but I liked the emotion on these guys' faces. Bike riding hurts, but in a really good way. I'm sad to miss out this season...




You can kind of get an idea of what the weather was like in this pic.



Coming up the hill.


So focused!


Tim leading the pack, riding strong.





Wisconsin is beautiful, just a little too dang cold during the winter.




Tim's in red.



I'm really irritated that this came out blurry.






28 never looked so good.


3 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Oh Timmy looks so good in spnadex!!

Mike said...

Sweet...now there are officially 3 boys in the family that race bikes. 28 is still young...Lance is doing the tour at 38...you still have 10 years to thrive!

Alison said...

these look great! good job lady with a baby. oh yeah, good job on riding your little bikey bike tim tim.