Before Tim and I moved to Milwaukee we lived in the small coastal town of Los Osos. It was great. Across the street from the house we lived in there lived a really nice couple, Sally and Bob. They were great as well.
Fast forward to living in Milwaukee, where we now have a neighbor that lives across the alley from us.
She's really nice. Last summer she let us pick tomatoes out of her yard whenever we wanted to, and she helped my mom rescue our cat from the neighbor's garage when she was trapped there.
She doesn't look like our old neighbor Sally.
She doesn't drive the same car as Sally did.
She doesn't have a husband named Bob.
She doesn't even have two dogs like Sally did. She has a cat. That she takes for walks. On a leash. Named Vanilla.
But for the life of me, every time I see her I want to call her Sally. And I have, on numerous occasions, done this. Not just mumbled it where she could think that she didn't hear me correctly, I've hollered, "Hi Sally!" across the street, across the alley, from the car, you name it.
Ok.
Here's the bad part.
We've lived in this house two years now.
Ok.
Here's the worst part.
Her
name
is
Sara.
Monday, June 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh Sara--I wish you could just blame it on the prego brain.
Ha! That is too funny. I've hollered out to our neighbor "Hi Mike!" when in fact his name is Steve. So, you're not alone. Also, we stole Steve's internet for the first month we lived here which has nothing to do with anything.
That's too funny. I have purposely avoided introducing people before or saying hi because I have spaced on their name and it's way past the point you can ask. I've done this to people I have known for years, and even once on a date in college I forgot the guys name and no one else said it the WHOLE night!! YArgh. PS your preggoness is looking cute!
Sara. I love you. That is all.
Hahahahaha!!! The babe is sucking brain cells! You crack me up :)
That is HILARIOUS! You can just blame it on pregnant brain now.
Post a Comment