I wish I had pictures of Erin's beautiful home, because I'm pretty sure they could be submitted to a design magazine. It was so awesome to see that yes, as we predicted in high school, she has bloomed into Martha Stewart - except that she's nicer, more fun, and less inclined to commit white collar crimes. She fed us oh-so-well.
I would have also loved to take pictures of the plane that Nathan flies, and is actually now flying in Baghdad, the AC-130. He kindly took us three girls on a tour while Erin was working and showed us all of the guns and special equipment, including the toilet on board. Nathan wasn't sure that taking pictures was good for national security, so we obliged.
I did however take a picture of Carla and this drunk young man that came to hit on us while we were in Pensacola for an air show. We tried to convince him that we were, a) married b) married & knocked up c) taken and d) definitely not into white boys, but he was very drunk, and therefore persistent. Plus, Erin gave him one of our strawberries. Good one, Erin.
The Blue Angels were mighty impressive.
Carla caught one of the many frogs that like to hang out on Erin's back windows in the evening.
It was a fabulous girls weekend, and everyone took such good care of me and baby, which I really appreciated. This included Nathan, who did not grumble once when he had to pull over in bumper to bumper traffic on the way to the air show so that I didn't lose bladder control. Love to you, Boones!
No comments:
Post a Comment