Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Music to my ears

Yesterday I heard six little words that made me so happy:

"Careful, these fries are really hot."

Ohhhhh thank you, I do like hot McDonald's fries.

It reminded me of when Tim and I went to our childbirthing class and the teacher asked us to go around and say what we thought the best part of being pregnant was.

"Feeling the baby move."

"The excitement."

"The attention."

And then it was my turn. I smiled sweetly at the doula, Miss "I love mucus plugs and everything about birth but those epidurals are so risky and you really shouldn't get one", and said,

"Eating whatever I want."

There were audible gasps. Everyone was embarrassed for me except Tim, who might have been a little proud. Or who might have been adopting a blank stare at that point already, not sure.

8 comments:

The Andelins said...

Yes!! McDonald's fries are SO GOOD!! (Only when they are piping hot though!) What childbirth class are you taking? We took hypno-birthing, but didn't really apply it.. oops!

T & E's Blog said...

HILARIOUS!!!!!!!! I remember trying to eat everything full of fat and calories that I could get my hands on!!! Poo poo on her for not liking epidurals! Give me a break!!!

Scott said...

Scott and I have our first class this Saturday. I would say the best part of being pregnant is Scott not questioning my NEED and desire for Jalepeno Poppers in the middle of the night... yumm

Katie said...

Sara I saw a billboard today that made me think of you and this post.... it said "Craving has no curfew" and was adorned with McDonald's fries the size of your house. If I could have strapped it to the van and delivered it to ya, I would have :)

Dennis and Amber Ogilvie said...

I love the stache in the previous post. I'd like to see the same getup for his Marquette graduation. Would you please ask Tim if we are ever going to race because he is all words and no game. And he smells of elderberries.

Jenny said...

I love it. i would have said the exact same thing.

Tim and Sara said...

Dennis, your mother was a hamster. Tim says it's on.

Micah C said...

My favorite part of being pregnant too!!