I don't know if this really happens, but you know how in the movies they show the movie director with the little black chalkboard or whatever it is naming the scene they are filming and then saying, "Take one!"? Well, I would like someone following me around during my day and doing that. For example, we quite often have, "Changing diaper, take one!", only to be followed by "Changing diaper, take two!" as she squelches into the fresh diaper I just put on her. This is not as bad as a "Changing diaper, take one!" followed by a "Oh no, she's still pooping now that the diaper is off, take one!". We often have many takes of "Trying to leave the house", which may include takes where we change a diaper again (after I just buckled her into her car seat) or curse the dog who has pushed past me out of the house and is now refusing to get back in the house because he thinks he is coming with us. The most frustrating takes are when we have "I finally got her asleep and down for her nap and am just beginning to eat breakfast, brush my teeth, go to the bathroom, and shower at 11 am" and then she is awake 10 minutes later. Then it's "Down for a nap" takes 2, 3, 4...
It makes me really grateful that I get to stay at home with this little one and that I don't have a husband who comes home and says, "Seriously, what have you done today", as I'm in the midst of "Catch up on sleep, take five!".
Saturday, November 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I think we are up to take 60 for going poop in the toilet. So I am sorry to say it doesn't get any easier just different. I have been meaning to tell you about a couple of books that a friend told me about when Jack was 6 weeks old. They have been life savers! The first one is "On Becoming Babywise" by Gary Ezzo, and the other is "The Happiest Baby on the Block" by Harvey Karp. Jack seemed to scream a lot and that last book helped us calm him down. Anyway just thought I would pass them along since they were lifesavers for me. Still trying to find the lifesaver potty training book!
LOL!!!! I can totally remember going through that! There were days that I literally only changed diapers and nursed ALL DAY LONG. All of a sudden Todd was on his way home from school and I felt like I had done NOTHING!!!! And I can't tell you how many times I was late to places because of several "takes" on diaper changes...and entire outfit changes. The good news is, now I can read your blog and laugh!!! Because I was there once too. Or maybe it's nervous laughter knowing I will be there again very soon!
Oh boy, the life of a mommy to a newborn. When that shower happens, it sure is great, isn't it?!?!
Too funny!! Being a stay at home mom is not the most glamorous job, but it is the most rewarding.... your post is too cute!!! Take care and catch up on sleep whenever you can kiddo!!
Candice
I can't wait ;)
When Keilah was about Lily's age I was changing a poopy diaper; Without warning she gave a little grunt and poop shot out like a high pressure hose across the room! Thank goodness Chris wasn't home or I would have had puke to clean up too.
Post a Comment