If you want to have some fun with my husband some time, get him talking right as he's falling asleep but trying really hard to pretend he's not asleep. Crazy things will come out of his mouth. Tim, his sister Ashleigh, and his mom (not sure if any of the other sibs or Greg do this?) all do this thing where, if you wake them up, then ask if they were sleeping, they will lie and say they weren't. It's not like they're liars (well, Tim kind of is), it's just this knee jerk reaction.
One of my favorite conversations with Tim happened one night when we were getting ready to go to sleep. I thought he was still awake and asked him if he would read scriptures with me (we try to do this every night). Here's what unfolded:
Me: Will you read tonight?
Tim: Jinx.
Me: (Pause) I don't understand how that's a jinx.
Tim: Double jinx.
Me: How did you jinx me, I don't get it. Are you awake right now?
Tim: Oh, I thought I just jinxed you really good.
Just in case you didn't know, a "jinx" is when you and someone else say the same thing at the same time - then the first person to say jinx has to say your name five times before you can talk again, or something like that.
Last night I thought he was reading and said something to him, I can't remember what, but he responded with, "Don't make me eat organic food." Um, ok I won't, but where do you come up with this stuff?
When we were first married and living in Utah we had these neighbors whose stupid ridiculously loud car alarm would go off at all hours of the night. It woke me one night and I said, "I am going to call the police." Tim's solution? "I'm calling a saber toothed tiger."
Monday, November 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
These little stories made me laugh out loud. The jinx one was my favorite.
David will sometimes start falling asleep as we're praying together and it always makes me laugh. He'll be praying out loud and then all of a sudden there will be a huge long pause and he'll be fast asleep until I have to wake him back up.
Shalynna, that just reminded me that Tim was saying the prayer the other night, slipped into delirium, and said, "We're grateful for the socks we have to put on Lily." What???
I cannot stop laughing
Thanks for the giggle....
Please record this sometime. It is hilarious!!!!
Yes, Chris does it too. VERY amusing.
Post a Comment