Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Where's the milk?

Tim, Lily, and I went to our friends' house the other night. They have a 3-year-old, a 6-year-old, and the wife is due very soon with their third little boy. They were so excited to have Lily over and wanted to hold her and show her all their toys. I think they were slightly disappointed that Lily couldn't play and talk back to them.

At one point, Lily started to get fussy and hungry, so I pulled out my handy dandy nursing cover, and modern woman that I am, started to nurse Lily in their living room. Those two little boys had no idea what was going on, especially the 3-year-old.

"Why are you hiding her?" (As he tried to lift up the nursing cover to see what was going on)

"I don't think she's really eating under there."

"Why is she crying? I think she doesn't want to eat anymore." (As I'm attempting to switch sides)

"I don't think she likes being under there. I'm going to give her my orange car because that's her favorite color." (Again trying to lift the nursing cover)

At one point the 6-year-old came over, nodded wisely and said, "Oh, she's drinking milk, isn't she." This only confused the 3-year-old further because he could not figure out where this milk was coming from.

"Where's the milk?"

Poor little guy's going to get a real anatomical education when his little brother arrives. I just didn't have the heart to tell him the truth.

5 comments:

Jackson & Catherine Lever said...

Sara, where does milk come from anyways?

Scott and Kristine said...

That is too funny!

John and Karisa said...

Ha! My sister read a nursing book once called, "So THAT'S what they're for." Maybe you could loan a book like that to the Waterhouse kids. (You were referring to them in your post, right?)

Jenny said...

Great story! Cute little Andrew, so curious! Jenn will have fun explaining that one! Glad you made it over for a visit before she popped!

Alison said...

HAHAH

this reminds me of

hey, where's the cream filling?

I'm surprised Tim didn't egg him on and demand he know where the milk come from!
xoxo