Friday, February 4, 2011

Big News

Lily is going to have a baby sister! We got some beautiful 4-D shots of little girl's face, so we'll scan and post them soon! She is a mover and a shaker, just like her big sister was in utero. As the ultrasound tech said: "Never a dull moment with this one!"

All of this is making me so reminiscent of being pregnant with Lily. I brought a blue shirt and a pink shirt with me to my ultrasound so that when I came back to work at the VA I could show my co-workers what we were having. So fun. Then once I got bigger we would all watch Lily's gymnastics after I ate lunch. When I told my OB that I never had to worry about counting Lily's kicks because she always went crazy after I ate, she said, "She's a Wisconsin girl. She likes her food." Katie, you know what I'm talking about when I say that that comment was super funny coming from our usually deadpan doctor.

Another funny memory of the VA and being pregnant with Lily that I thought of today was the day Lily really wanted some popcorn. You have to understand that the VA food was TERRIBLE. The one good non-packaged food item was the popcorn stand that had freshly popped popcorn that you could season as you wished. Um, I kind of want some right now. So my co-worker Sandy was taking everyone's popcorn orders one day, and at first I said I wanted some, then I thought, "No, I shouldn't." Just as I told her I changed my mind, Lily pummeled me and I said, "WAIT! Lily wants popcorn!"

Anyway, obviously we are thrilled to be having another little girl. We showed Lily the ultrasound pictures and after she alternately said, "Awww"and "Woof" to them, she gave one picture some kisses. I'm not sure if she'll think her new sister is as fun as her canine big brother at first, but I sure am excited to see them together.

Love, love, love to you all!

10 comments:

Katie said...

Yeah! I just had this feeling it'd be a girl-- I've been thinking about you a ton and hoping all is well on the baby front. Wish I could give you and that baby-belly a big squeeze! Love you!!

dana and justin said...

woo hoo! another little girl. now they can be super close sisters:)

The Leakes said...

Congratulations again! Very happy for you!

Stef said...

Oh, every girl deserves a sister. (Except apparently not mine...sniffles.) Congrats!

Trent & Brooke said...

yay sara!! i didn't know you were pregnant! congratulations! so exciting for guys! that will be so fun for lily to have such a close sister. we must be due around the same time? i can't wait!!

Katie Irion said...

Hooray! Congrats Sara. Girls are so fun to have around. Just got to get another pair of jeggings for sister number 2. I'm thrilled for you!

hatchbatch said...

Congratulations Sara!!! Lily is going to be such a great big sister! Your girlies are lucky to have such a fun mom!

T & E's Blog said...

Yay!!!! Oh your girls will have SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much fun growing up together!!! I am soooooooooo happy for you!!!!!!
XOXOXO

Unknown said...

Congrats!! It will be so fun to have 2 girls so close in age :)

Ie Li said...

Congrats Sarah! They're going to be great friends. How fun!