Today as we were just about to leave the house, Lily tipped Dirk's water bowl over, spilling water everywhere and soaking herself. I was trying to get her out of the mess so that I could clean up, so I kept sticking her over by her toys. Every time she would start crying and come crawling back towards the water. Finally I stuck her on the couch with a book, hoping this would keep her out of the way for a minute. I glanced over and saw that she was sitting there quietly. "Oh good", I thought. Then I looked again and realized she had found the cable remote and was getting into menus I had never seen before.
Then I took her by the shoulders and said, "Who sent you?? WHO SENT YOU?"
Ok the last part was a lie.
I think all moms have days where it feels like you are never going to get out of the house. I'm sure you all have stories that could easily blow this one out of the water. Do share.
3 comments:
congrats on the pregnancy guys! i somehow missed that post but when i saw the thing about you barfing while pregnant with lily on your lap... i figure it out!
Awww... I just love that Lily! So, no baby stories yet, but just about every bad day I have ever had with our canine menagerie ends with "...and after all that, Scout had diarrhea in his crate and Cali ate one of my moccasins... just one (it's always the right one so I can't even cobble together a few "survivors" into one good pair of shoes!)!" Angels sent from heaven... to test us.... ;P Just kidding! love and miss you! XOXO!
Your blog is totally hilarious!! I love it, especially the name of your blog ;) Thanks for the GNO last night. I'm still recovering :)
Post a Comment